- Here’s a wonderful blog with excellent costume ideas for women – costumes that celebrate and empower femininity.
- If you want to not only see, but smell Halloween, check out these lovely, Halloween-themed scents.
- A review of most memorable Hollywood costumes. What can be more ironic than Martha Stewart dressing as Medusa? Only seeing her and Blake Lively in the same photo.
- Worst kid costumes: going too far?
- Robot costumes!
- Photos from New York City’s Halloween Dog parade! (To all our friends in NYC and New Jersey – wishing you a speedy recovery from hurricane Sandy!) Not to be outdone, we Bostonians also love to dress our pets in silly costumes.
- Our own costume and Halloween-related articles here, here, here and here.
My favorite Halloween costume tip: for those times when you don’t have time to put together a costume, make sure you keep a mask on hand. My absolute favorites are Venetian-style masks that go beautifully with any dressy outfit. You may not stand out in a sea of costumes, but you will look appropriate, mysterious, and alluring. Pier 1 has a fantastic and extremely affordable collection of (usually pricey) Venetian masks.